So, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you, TurboBlaze, for the nomination, and for visiting and reading my blog.
Rules for getting the award:
1. Each person has to post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions set for you and create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
3. Nominate 5 – 11 of your favourite bloggers and tag them in your post.
4. Go to their blog and tell them.
5. Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
11 things about me:
1. I began creative writing in the back of my English book, scrawling out poems, seven years ago.
2. I don’t understand the first thing about fashion.
3. I love stationery.
4. Swimming is a sort of meditation for me, where I calm my thoughts.
5. I can’t stand directionless ambition.
6. I prefer little-known bands to top of the charts music.
7. My education has been heavy on literature.
8. I studied German for about eight years.
9. I quite like Twitter.
10. I drink both tea and coffee, not preferring one over the other.
11. I am a night owl.
To answer the questions posed to me:
1. What do you blog about most?
My blog focuses on creative writing – my own original work – and responses to the Daily Prompt. Sometimes I put together a creative response to the Daily Prompt.
2. Why did you choose WordPress.com?
To be honest I don’t really remember. It looked easy to use, which has proven true. There may also have been a Google search for blogging platforms, in which case I saw WP on there.
3. Do you know any programming languages?
I have bare knowledge of HTML and LATEX. I plan to increase this knowledge.
4. What is your favourite pastime?
Reading or writing. I love getting drawn into another world, or creating one.
5. Would you like to try out suspended animation?
As I understand it, that means basically that you kind of die and return to life? It sounds somewhat like Frankenstein, and terrifying, so probably not.
6. What is the object just right side of you?
A pink handbag, in which I have stashed a collection of pens and a shopping list.
7. If you could meet one millionaire, who would you meet?
8. What do you prefer? Laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone?
I take this as two categories. Laptop, for the portability. Same deal with tablets, but smartphone for the ability to get internet virtually anywhere. The buses have yet to get Wi-Fi, as far as I know.
9. What’s best? Hot chocolate or cold coffee?
At any time hot chocolate. Incidentally it’s a fairly bitter winter here. I can’t stand cold coffee. Ever.
10. Who is favourite author whose books you read the most?
Oh, I don’t have one. Why limit yourself? I like a lot of authors equally, but for different reasons. I attribute this to my literature education. I’ve studied Chaucer, Shakespeare, Gothic novels, Victorian, ancient Greek and Roman plays, modern novels… So you see, I couldn’t say one author without branching off into why I like others.
11. Describe yourself in one word.
1. Which do you prefer, TV or movies?
2. Do you have a favourite country?
3. What have you read recently?
4. What drew you to blogging?
5. If you could choose any skill or talent, what would it be?
6. What is your favourite food?
7. Which is better, Apple products or PC?
8. Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
9. Do you believe in fate or coincidence?
10. How many languages do you speak?
11. What is your favourite genre – books, movies or music?